Nobody likes exams (if you do, please call 911 asap)… but you know you can do this!
We’ve been looking up some tips that would make your life easier during the exam period. Here we go!
- Go over your notes and study writing by hand: it’s been proven that your brain retains more information when you write by hand instead of with your laptop.
- Meditate: it may seem silly, but meditation is really powerful and helps you out during stressful periods. Meditate 5 minutes in the morning, and 5 minutes at night. Just close your eyes, breath, and relax.
- Move your ass: while studying, stand up and walk around the room, or if you’re at the library, go outside for a few minutes while you keep going over your note mentally.
- Have a 10-minute break: stop what you’re doing and go for a 10-minute walk. Research claims that breaks are not only good to de-stress, but also will help you out focusing during the next two hours.
- Test yourself: focus on the topic or subject you think you need to improve more and create a self-test. There’s nothing like study actively to retain more information!
- Drink lots of water: you’ll be probably guzzling your coffee and energy drinks, but that won’t keep you hydrated! Grab a bottle of water and leave it right next to your notes, that way you’ll remember to keep drinking!
- Don’t freak out: if you can’t focus, don’t get frustrated. Remember quantity doesn’t mean quality, if you need a break, take it! Go for a walk, listen to some music, watch something on Netflix, take a shower… Do anything to keep you away from that page you’ve been reading for 1 hour without paying attention, and start again when you feel better!
- Background music: It’s a fact that studying with classical music in the background might help you focus… Here you have some of our favorite Spotify playlists, so you can try if it works for you!
Take your time, breathe and everything will be alright! We wish you luck and send you lots of energy! Vamos!